Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Task Four

In domain 4, I am most comfortable with Component 4a: Reflecting on Teaching. I reflect a lot on my teaching and try to come up with better ideas and different strategies to move my student to achieve higher. This may sound weird but I love observations because I like the constructive criticism. I need others help to give me suggestions on all aspects of teaching especially when they have suggestions that will help my students move forward academically and socially.

Both components 4a and 4b strongly ties to instruction. Without reflection teachers are unable to fully understand lessons taught. They are unable to know if the lessons were effective and if the students learned or what the students learned and why. Record keeping is also very important. Teachers should have student work, formative and summative assessments and other student records to make instructional decisions and to know what students already know.

I would like to zero in on component 4b. I am able to reflect on lessons and do mostly, I have taken on many leadership roles in the district and school levels and I take to parents and give progress continually. Records are hard for me to keep and I would like to learn what is important to keep and effective strategies I can use for data collection. This leads into my questions:

What records do you keep?

How do you collect data? (how often and with what measure?)

Do you keep behavioral data or on-task/reminders data and how much?

1 comment:

  1. I always get great feedback when observed. I also ask my students to do informal assessments- this helps me gauge what they are learning- although sometimes I do have to have "tough" skin to take the criticism.

    ReplyDelete