Sunday, November 8, 2009

Inquiry Plan (part 1)

This week I focused on creating all of the teacher made assessment tools for progress monitoring, based on students math IEP goals. This took a very long time :) I finally have them all ready and Monday I am going to try and test all 27 students individually. I plan on giving the assessment tool to progress monitor weekly during the implementation of the inquiry plan for this class and then bi-weekly to continue assessment.
This week I also gave the Voyager Math post module test for module one and the pre module test for module two in 4th grade. All students in the 4th grade intervention group improved their knowledge from the pre module one assessment by at least 33%. I am ver excited with these scores. Two of the students in this group will be retaught the portions of the module they scored poorly on. Next week I plan to give the post module assessment for module one and the pre module assessment for module two for second grade.
I am very excited about the data I have already collected. It has helped me to plan instruction for next week, to reteach and focus on the missing skills. I am also very excited to see the data from the assessment tools I have created and use the information for planning instruction.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah- I know that these things take some time but I hope that this inquiry gave you the excuse to actually do it! It sounds like you have worked hard on this- I would love to see a sample of what you created. Great news about the progress of your students- I am happy that this has helped you plan instruction. Good luck as you keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow congrats on getting all of that together - I hope testing all of your students individually goes well. That will give you great data~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really have done a lot of homework. I though mine was though, but comparing to yours, I feel mine is much easier now.

    ReplyDelete